Get to know Jelena
17 (semi-serious) questions for our content marketing manager
1. phlow is a photo sharing app, but it’s different from social media. Tell us in 3 words what makes it different and unique.
Innovative. Adventurous. Empowering.
2. What is something that phlow users have to deal with that phlow wants to fix?
In a world overwhelmed with information, it has now become difficult for people to stand out and feel appreciated among so many others. The human drive to make something of ourselves often leads people to use unscrupulous means to reach their goals. We cannot single handedly fix the world, but when it comes to photography, phlow is determined to create a world that is fair, creative, and gives everyone a chance to showcase their work. Instead of bunching everyone together and watching only a handful of people fight for the top, phlow has changed the game and turned its entire focus on quality of work, relevance of photographs, and fairplay for all.
3. How would you describe your role in phlow in just one sentence?
I would probably be the creative fuzzball of the team! xD I make sure that phlow’s online presence is true to our purpose and that I provide a range of topics and inspirational posts that will help our community.
4. What is your past experience and how is it related to your current role at phlow?
I’ve spent many years working as a writer and I also love travelling the world. I think that it is precisely this free-spirited part of my personality that fits so well and contributes to phlow and everyone who is part of the phlow team and the phlow community.
5. What are the values that drive you?
Family, creativity, honesty, and adventure.
6. If you could appoint a superhero to do your job in phlow, which one would it be and why? Which superpowers would be required to do your job?
Deadpool. I think that his sense of humour and quirky take on life are essential for creative marketing. As difficult as life may be sometimes, you cannot take it, or yourself, too seriously.
7. You are an international, distributed team with members from Venezuela, Italy, UK, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro, Austria, Germany and Portugal. What is it about your own culture that helps to make phlow so special?
Serbians are known to be temperamental and cheerful, and will use any opportunity to throw a party! I try to bring the fun aspect of my culture with me to the workplace, because it helps me to stay creative and to encourage others to have a little fun!
8. Any funny stories or team arguments? 🙂
Most of our funny moments appear during our meetings when people’s personalities really come out in full shine!
9. What’s the best thing about being part of phlow?
For me, the best part of phlow is that I can be myself and that everyone else can do the same. The entire team is made up of wonderful, inspiring people who all have different backgrounds and perhaps even different goals for their future, but their freedom at work and the fact that each one of them is truly valued as an individual is what brings us all together and what makes phlow so special.
10. Your top 3 favorite Podcasts/Books and why?
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor E. Frankl
The Myth Of Sisyphus and Other Essays – Albert Camus
11. If you could pick a movie for everyone at phlow to see, which movie would that be and why?
I’m a huge MARVEL fan, but I also really love indie movies.
12. If you could be photographed in any style of photography of your choice, which one would you choose?
Anything with costumes! I really don’t like having my picture taken, but I would gladly have fun with costumes and pieces from different points in history.
13. What object/thing that you don’t have already would you like to have?
A ship to travel the world with.
14. If you could meet ANYONE in the world, who would you choose to meet and why?
Nikola Tesla, Douglas Adams, J. R. R. Tolkien.
15. If you could have a superpower, what would that be and why?
I’d love the ability to instantly de-stress.
16. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Above all else, I love reading books. But I also love spending time in nature, playing piano, and hanging out with close friends.
17. Where do you see phlow in the next 10 years?
I would love to see users be rewarded for their work. phlow is an opportunity to reject the current noise and lack of respect for creators, and bring them to a new world where they are at center stage.