Get to know Maxim
17 (semi-serious) questions for our front-end developer
1. phlow is a photo sharing app, but it’s different from social media. Tell us in 3 words what makes it different and unique.
phlow lets you see content that you want to see.
2. What is something that phlow users have to deal with that phlow wants to fix?
phlow enables photographers share their work with their target audience and enables its users to see photos that they really want to see.
3. How would you describe your role in phlow in just one sentence?
I’m making phlow real by developing and supporting an amazing application both for the web and for mobile devices.
4. What is your past experience and how is it related to your current role at phlow?
I’ve always been interested in complex UI experiments like phlow’s streams of photos and also have had a good portion of experience in single page applications prior to my current role at phlow.
5. What are the values that drive you?
I’ve always been passionate about freedom of speech and expression, decentralisation and distributed services. I think this is the future of human communication.
6. If you could appoint a superhero to do your job in phlow, which one would it be and why? Which superpowers would be required to do your job?
Doctor Strange, because the phlow app is powered by magic 😉
7. You are an international, distributed team with members from Venezuela, Italy, UK, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro, Austria, Germany and Portugal. What is it about your own culture that helps to make phlow so special?
A common opinion about people of Siberia is that they are honest and straightforward, so I guess that’s how I contribute to make phlow a little bit more special.
8. Any funny stories or team arguments? 🙂
9. What’s the best thing about being part of phlow?
It is amazing to work with such passionate professionals who care about freedom of information, expression and photography. It allows me to be myself while working to make the world a better place.
10. Your top 3 favorite Podcasts/Books and why?
“The Pragmatic Programmer” by Andy Hunt, Dave Thomas
I’m not a fan of any particular podcast, usually I’m watching TED Talks of some sorts. My favorite fiction books are:
“Sprawl trilogy” by W. Gibson and
“The Expanse” novel series by James S.A. Corey
11. If you could pick a movie for everyone at phlow to see, which movie would that be and why?
Perhaps “The Expanse” series and “Children of Men” movie.
12. If you could be photographed in any style of photography of your choice, which one would you choose?
Maybe past/present photography, that would be funny.
13. What object/thing that you don’t have already would you like to have?
Can I have an asteroid-mining capable solar system only spaceship, please? That would be a great investment for the future.
14. If you could meet ANYONE in the world, who would you choose to meet and why?
I think that would be Peter Kropotkin, because he is a man of many talents, from science and expeditions to social activism and philosophy.
15. If you could have a superpower, what would that be and why?
An ability to regulate sleep cycles, to sleep less and fall asleep/wake up when I want. I would use this superpower right now 🙂
16. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I enjoy family time, beach walks, playing video games, sometimes board games. I really enjoy building and flying fpv freestyle and racing quadcopters. Also, cooking (and eating) meat.
17. Where do you see phlow in the next 10 years?
I see phlow as a tool for people to express themselves. In ten years, I think it will be a huge library of moments frozen in time, that you can access and explore.